Thursday 6 June 2013

Just a Quickie!

Hi Peeps!

I've finished the card that was my WOYWW 209 post! I Love, love love it!
 I should've done some step-by-steps but you never think of that when you get engrossed!  I can remember what I did tho!  First I stamped and masked the Fairy from Crimson Cloud and stamped the sentiment in Aged Mahogany (note to self: Use Blue/purple and emboss next time!) Once the Fairy was masked I created the sky, middle and fore ground by using torn paper as a mask.  Distress inks were used as water colours.  Broken China and Chipped Sapphire for the sky, Bundled Sage for the mid-ground and finaly, Mowed Lawn for the foreground.  Keeping the fairy and mid ground masks in place, I stamped the Raindrops from Stamps by Ryn with StazOn in blue.
Next, I coloured the fairy with Marvy Le Plume Pens from the pastel set.  I restamped the wings onto acetate and cut out.  I then alcohol inked the back of the wing with silver and pool, just to give a shimmer.  The wing was attached with a line of Glossy Accents, and, as it was in my hands, all the raindrops got 'Glossied' too!  The final touch was the addition of 'The Hobby House' pearls (the Pearls) down the back to hide the join to the wing.  Now for the close ups!
Normal space between wing and background.
 'Pearls' and wing
Close-up of coloured 'underwing' and the 'glossied' raindrops!

All in all, I'm rather chuffed with this!

I would like to enter this in the Sunday Stamper 260 - Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for looking at my blog! Please leave a message before you go! I love reading them and I get to make new friends! xxx