Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mothers Day.....

.....to my Mum!!  Here are the photos of the little box that I made:
 And yes,  my favourite acetate Dragonfly makes another appearance (number 3 - the first appearance was on my Mum's birthday card - I hope she's not getting fed up with my dragonfly fixation )
 I finally got round to using my new Creative Expression stamps - I've had them since before Christmas!  After giving the box a good coating of white gesso I used Cut -n-Dry foam to add Bundled Sage and Victorian Velvet Distress Paints followed by a spritzing of Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Candy Pink (I've definitely gone 'girly' on this one!)  I then stamped all the images onto white tissue paper using Jet Black StazOn before tearing them out and adding them to the box using Ranger Glue 'n' Seal matte.  To finish I added a strip of Ideology Tissue Tape 'Nostalgic' to the edge of the lid (how cool - it's exactly the right width!!).  All the aforementioned products are available for purchase HERE.
 These are from the Meadow Flora set by Sam Poole - I love their delicacy.
 I stamped the sentiment using Mini Words #1 from the Artistic Stamper onto white paper and outlined using a fineliner pen before cutting out.
I hope you have enjoyed looking at this post.  Before I go I would like to enter this in the following challenge:
The Sunday Stamper -Week 248- Use Something You Have Had For Yonks and Never Used
(although I think it might just qualify for the primary theme which is 'You Make me Feel Brand New' as I've used Distress Paints and they're new!!)

Thanks for looking!

Bye bye for now from me!
xxx

Ooh P.S.  I was privileged to do a workshop with Andy Skinner yesterday at the Artistic Stamper, making a Gothic clock.  When I find where I've managed to download the photo's I'll add some pics to my Gallery!

10 comments:

  1. P.S. If you want to enter some more challenges then have a look at

    http://www.felineplayful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ... it's a listing site for loads of challenges

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! You read my mind - my next post was going to be 'How do I find challenges to enter'!! I'm still learning how to do this so I appreciate everyone's help! And everyone has been really helpful and supportive!! Thanks again! xxx

      Delete
  2. LOL, not a problem, but you might like to turn off word verification, loads of DT's won't leave a comment if you've got it on (and silly people like me can never read it anyway!!) keep to "users with google accounts" and you'll block the spammers... moderate comments if you like (I don't and never had any naughty words appearing!)

    You know where I am if you get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've turned off Word Verification! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. gorgeousness... I bet she loved it... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hels! She was thrilled with it! She wants another one now x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous box, love the dragonfly
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully coloured box and I love the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this box... I'm planning a gift for a friend's wedding using butterflies in acetate like that, I just hope it turns out as well as your dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments!! They are really appreciated :-D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog! Please leave a message before you go! I love reading them and I get to make new friends! xxx