Sunday 3 March 2013

I have arrived in Blog Land.....

.....actually I arrived just over a year ago and managed to create it but haven't done anything since!!! Well, this is my first 'proper' post!   It's all about a little box I altered to hold my Niece's gift card for her birthday.  I gessoed a plain wooden box before attacking it with Pool and Sail Boat Blue Adirondack Dabbers.  The Dragonfly from Stampers Anonymous Classics 1 was stamped in black StazOn, masked and over stamped with the Water Droplets in ultramarine StazOn. I then stamped the Dragonfly again onto acetate and coloured with 3 or 4 alcohol inks (can't remember how many - it was getting quite late by this time!!) before cutting him out and gluing to the stamped image before adding the little blue stick-ons.
 The Water Droplets  on the sides were inked in Broken China DI and heat embossed using a clear embossing powder to add a little texture and finally, the Ideology Word Band (Know in your Heart you are loved) painted in Salty Ocean DP and rubbed back to leave the colour in the etch was attached using Glossy Accents:

And the inside: ModPodge and 7Gypsies Tissue coloured with Distress Markers:

Well I hope you've enjoyed my little post!  All I have to do now is find out how to link to whatever I need to link to, find out how to add the blogs I follow to my side bar, how to enter challenges and hope that someone does actually view this!  Anyways, Thanks to Nick for taking the excellent photos.  All the materials with the exception of the Water Droplets Stamp were purchased from The Artistic Stamper.  The Water Droplet stamp is one of my favourites by Designs by Ryn - do visit her online shop for inspiration!

So until I next venture into the world of Blog it's Bye Bye from me!
Sand x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely box and congratulations on your blog - it's looking good and I will be sure to be a regular visitor :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project, love the inside as much as the outside
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christine and Rosie for my first ever comments! I have thoroughly enjoyed building my page! Who knew blogging could be so much fun!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yippee, i will enjoy your posts, well done you,
    dx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new baby and I can't leave it alone! Is that normal??

      Delete
  5. Fab box.. do love those dragonflies you are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've changed your address to the .com one! I've always used the .co.uk so will now change over Lol!!

      Delete
  6. Well done you and a beautiful box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to blogging Sandra :) What a creative project! Thanks for adding a link to my store. Much appreciated.
    The Water Droplets look great with the dragonfly. Also love how you decorated the inside of the box as well. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
    May I post your project to my Facebook page? I will of course link back to you. If you could write me on Facebook or by email to give me the go ahead that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely altered box, and love the water droplets stamp, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful box. I have the water droplets stamp and it's one of my all time fave stamps. look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning art, I love that stamp with the water droplets ... need it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Addendum: My acetate dragonfly now has a name and.......drum roll..........he's a SHE!!! Yep!! I've named her Daphne!! If she changes back into a boy, she'll be 'Dave' xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog! Please leave a message before you go! I love reading them and I get to make new friends! xxx