Wednesday 29 May 2013

It's WOYWW 208 and Swap Time!! Yee Ha and Woop Woop!!

Happy 4th Anniversary to all WOYWW'ers everywhere and a special greeting to Julia for coming up with the idea 4 years ago!! It's a legitimate excuse to be nosey!! (and I'm always surprised that I haven't necessarily got the messiest desk!!)

What's on mine this week apart from the usual chaos? My Hubs' birthday card (slight cheat I'll admit! He got it on Monday so I've moved it back to my desk for the photo but it was there. Honest!)
 I made the letters from coloured UTEE poured into the Martha Stewart Alpha moulds followed by a touch of Treasure Gold (ooh I love that stuff!).  A bit fiddly as they are quite small but if you work quickly you can 'swipe' the excess UTEE off and then trim the thin bits that are left.  I think I might stick to using them with the Crafter's Clay!!
 And the Stamps that I used are still on the desk (genuinely!).  Towards the bottom right is an idea for my Dad's birthday card - checking whether the little UTEE frame would work with part of a Stampers Anonymous stamp.  This will probably be on next weeks WOYWW! (Watch this space for the altered tins - they will reappear one day!)
And to finish, a straight view!  Who said you can't put feathers on a Man's card!  I like the way they hide bits of the image and sentiment. Ah, not sure if this allowed - please tell me off if it's not but I'd like to enter this card in the Sunday Stampers Challenge - Week 258 - Some Like it Hot

That's all from me peeps as I'm off visiting desks and to see who I will be swapping with (excited!)
Bye bye from me xxx

7 comments:

  1. Love those UTEE letters, me needs those moulds! The heart on my curiosity box is made from a mould and pouring marbled UTEE in and then popping a Screw Eye in when it was still warm. Thanks for joining in with the sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy ooooo your my ATC swap partner so if you would like to send me an email of your addy that would be great. So loving your gorgeous card, and the feathers are awesome on it, and so loving your UTEE letters. If you go on my blogger profile my email address is under my picture (well it says send email lol). Happy Woyww :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! And I so dig Ryns stamps. I'll have to look at the Mermaid Alpha set..I missed that one. Am trying to get all,of her sea stamps and water ones! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sand,
    I love that card, anything to embellish, ribbon, feather, flowers, I don't think it matters whether it's male or female as long as the overall effect is good and yours is great.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sand - sorry I didn't get to you yesterday! Gorgeous card - love all the details - I've just done a melt pot workshop with Hels and it was very interesting to see another use for UTEE - those letters are great! Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment - I was very touched and have emailed you this morning. Big Hugs MMx #85

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubs is a lucky guy. I do digital cards using my iPad and art apps. My hubs likes it. Dori179

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...your Utee letters look great. Your husband is going to love this card!
    Happy belated WOYWW4...I have emailed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for looking at my blog! Please leave a message before you go! I love reading them and I get to make new friends! xxx